Without reply Master Question !

dandrade

One job competition of in country. It had one very controversial result, as question master.

White: 78%
Reply total error: 11%
Reply less 50 % true: 8%
Reply 50 % true: 3% = 575 peoples.
Reply 100% True : 000 people!

For the code above:

QUESTION:
A C C D A D
---|\|----|\|---+---|\|----|\|---+---|\|----|\|---+---(OUTPUT)
| | |
B D | A B | C B |
---|\|----|\|---+---|\|----|\|---+---|\|----|\|---+

1)Determines (Extract) three true affirmations = 50%
2)Clarifies, generic application = 50%

Is did not have rightness, they had decided not to just publish reply.Consider, therefore each one for itself, if obvius the reply and it does not want to publish the reply = OK! Not problem!

Now, if you did not have opinion of the Brazilians about automation.Get decision!! Go discover a country with inverse result, I change localization....

This is all I can get and a lot of it is assumption.

There was a PLC code contest in his home country, Brazil and the results were that nobody got it 100% right.

The contest question is what he posted above.

I can't understand what's meant by part 2 of the contest question:
"2)Clarifies, generic application = 50%"

And possibly he said that 78% percent of the respondants were caucasion?

That's about all i could guess at. The rest is Greek.

Hey Dandrade, please upgrade your translator software!

Hello guys, (directed to DAndrade and OkiePC);

The word "Branco" in portuguese translates to "white", but also to "blank".
I would think that DAndrade means 78% of respondants did not even guess an answer to the test.
The test seems to have been scored on 2 points; 50% of the score requires three logic statements that would make the output TRUE; 50% goes to the description of a real-life application where the Bollean expression could be used. At least, that is what I make out of it.
DAndrade alos complains that the correct answer to the test question was never published (if there is one), and that the results indicates brazilians have no inclination for logic and automation. If another country produces more "correct answers" he is willing to move there.
Hope this helps a bit,
Daniel Chartier

States leading to a True output

1 /A AND /B AND /C AND /D
2 /A AND /B AND /C
3 /B AND /C AND /D

Generic Simplification

/B AND /C AND (/A OR /D)

dchartier said:
Hello guys, (directed to DAndrade and OkiePC);

The word "Branco" in portuguese translates to "white", but also to "blank".

YES! blank = null = 78%

I would think that DAndrade means 78% of respondants did not even guess an answer to the test.

The test seems to have been scored on 2 points;

50% of the score requires three logic statements that would make the output TRUE;

Not exact.
To extract three affirmations (true), not ambiguous or equivalents.
Linguistic
or logic.

50% goes to the description of a real-life application where the Bollean expression could be used. At least, that is what I make out of it.

DAndrade alos complains that the correct answer to the test question was never published (if there is one), and that the results indicates brazilians have no inclination for logic and automation.

Yes, +/- Official result was omitted, had the zero answers.

If another country produces more "correct answers" he is willing to move there.Hope this helps a bit,

Yes and not, comment.It would move of country! Yes! As I go to have the hope to have friends to dialogue on logic and automation.!!!

Daniel Chartier

Wait request Phil, Edit post or reopen topic.

bernie_carlton said:
States leading to a True output

1 /A AND /B AND /C AND /D
2 /A AND /B AND /C
3 /B AND /C AND /D

In addition to the states that Bernie listed, I think the following would also give you a true output:

4: /A and /B and /D
5: /A and /C and /D

So basically, if any three of the inputs are false, you get a true output. I'm not sure what the point is...

Exactly, and a typical application is to allow a machine jogging with not more than one door open.
But this is a good example of how not to write ladder logic.
It could be written more obviously, although containing redundancies.