RSLinx Classic 2.59 - Release Notes

I'm going to go ahead and say "Reformatted Help files to a filetype compatible with Windows 7" is not on the Features list.

EDIT: I wasn't looking very carefully at the "Unblock" selection for the file. CHM is basically obsolete precisely because of this sort of security issue and I'm disappointed that RSI is continuing to use it.

But I'll throw all that out in trade for a Windows 7 64-bit driver for the good old 1784-PCMK !

Last edited:
There is a tech connect only note that explains how to make them viewable.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41861/related/1

Not sure why it is such a big secret. Basically, the file properties of the chm file you downloaded must be checked and then you must click the "Unblock" attributes button.

EDIT: Not sure if that is the same issue Ken is having. Seems I had to install a patch for some other software on this Win7 64bit machine to get the help files to work in another application.

Last edited: