.XML or .CSV Alarms in Wonderware

BPyles

I have a CompactLogix (v19), 3 Kinetix300 servos and an industrial PC with Wonderware. I am trying to create an alarm screen to display the servo faults. RA servo expert told me that he could provide me with a .XML file of all the fault messages and fault codes plus an additional 2 add on instructions one to create a single fault code and another to trigger a fault in the HMI. I am new to wonderware and am trying to think of the best way to utilize the information provided by rockwell. My initial thought is to convert .XML to .CSV in excel then import it as strings to Wonderware. Am I on the right track? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Yes, you can create tags in excel, save a a .csv file, and import into wonderware. Create a new project and then use the tag builder to create one of each type tags, io discrete, io analog, etc. Then export that as a .csv and you can see the format for importing those types of tags. Wonderware comes with excellent documentation that will explain this in detail.