Early GE 90-30 CPU. Have program file, but Profacy ME doesn't work.

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm hoping someone can either help or point me in the direction of help. My customer has a small plastic roto-molding machine with a legacy 90-30... and it's OLD! The PLC lost the program file, but the guy who sold him the machine had the original file and he emailed to him. I tried looking at it with Profacy ME, but I couldn't make sense of it (at first). The program files were sent with another .exe file which I found was a program to load the file directly onto the PLC. The .exe file is called "PLC Assistant", Version 1.1.0.0. I accomplished loading the file, but now we need to troubleshoot the machine and have no drawings or ladder to look at. When I explore the PLC Assistant, I notice "HHP" in the "Program:" field. I'm guessing this is referring to the "Hand Held Programmer" from the early days. I'm trying to figure out how to get a print of the ladder ...or in a perfect world, a way to get online with Profacy ME. Any advice? We have no idea what the I/O connections are, or why it's not working. We do get a run light. The seller is not helpful beyond providing the files.

I've added some pictures of the CPU and PLC Assistant.

Can you post the program file(s) you received from the customer. I have the DOS-based Logicmaster software which may be what the program was originally created with. If that's the case I can create a text file for you and walk you through the process of importing the Logicmaster project file into Proficy Machine Edition. What version of Proficy do you have?

Profacy ME 9.5

I tried opening it with the Logicmaster setting... It failed. There might be something that I don't know, however. I'm still learning this software.

I'm having trouble with this.... ther must be an import function that I'm missing. I unzip the file and copy it over to my VM with Profacy, and I can't figure out how to load it.

BTW... THANKS! I'm so excited, I'm having patience issues. (not normal for me)

I'm in!!! Thank you so much!

For those reading this: You "restore" the zipped file (duh). Then it shows up in your Navigator window along with all your other projects. It opened right up.