S-414-3 PN/DP connection to citect scada 6.10

lotfi_tounsi

I have citect scade project in pc station connected to plc 414 and working fine.
The pc station is getting very old and wold like to swap it with other one, I allredy have an image file for the pc station, this file has been created with Norton Ghost, this file is fine I can dump it to the same station and system works fine but when dump it in new station wont connect to plc. By the way the pc station is running windows xp. I have license key for citect scade 6.10 and could install it in new pc and import old project but afraid it wont connect as I experienced earlier. Would appreciate any form of help its so complicated and hard to get threw this.

S-414-3 PN/DP connection to citect scada 6.10 Reply to Thread

the working pc station has an ethernet network card , the plc has a CP443 industriel ethernet card wich connected to the pc station via network cable. about the drive I could not figure out wich one however I can see in my station device manager that "SIMATIC Softubs " is there.

Last edited:
Many thanks sigmadelta, am on it, started the Board setting, popup winodws asking for data, same for ports and iOdevices, they asked for data like name adress etc, these infos are unknown for me I have to find a point to start from? Any idea where to start SIGMA ??

S-414-3 PN/DP connection to citect scada 6.10 Reply to Thread

keep trying sofar no connection to plc how ever when I ping the plc ip adress it respond no loss, and when I run the main project it does not connect. In PG/PC config I selected internal card, or do I have to select ethernet card?

We still don't know which driver in Citect is being used... But it sounds like you are using the S7NT driver, which requires the use of SIMATIC NET software.

Post a screenshot of the "Station Configuration Editor" (should be an icon that looks like tiny computer in the system tray near the clock).

See this sample (ignore the red rectangles).

Simatic NET Station Configuration Editor.png

The problem might be that the MAC address in the Station Configuration doesn't match the MAC address of your new Ethernet adapter.

Check the MAC address by opening a command prompt (cmd) and running the command: ipconfig /all

Scroll until you find the network adapter that connects to the PLC, and note the "Physical address" which is the MAC address.

S-414-3 PN/DP connection to citect scada 6.10

Sigma I believe my problem is in the mac address, I know the mac address of the pc ethernet card but how to change the station mac address?