ultraware - enable input active

ubuandy

Hi everyone:

I have a drive Ultra3000i, model: 2098-DSD-005X-DN
firmware version 1.36
software UltraWare Release 1.5

I need to replace the drive.
At first, I connect to the old drive, then save the drive as old_drive.udb
Then, I connect to the new drive (online) and open the old drive (offline).
As instructed in the document, I copy the old drive and paste into the new drive. I receive a message saying that this can be done only when "enable input" is inactive.

In fact, when "enable input" is active, the drive can be enable con can control the motor.
When "enable input" is inactive, the drive can be seen and manipulated from Ultrware, but cannot control the motor.

So, it makes sense that "enable input" must be inactive to perform that.

In my case, in the DeviceNet section of the drive, "Enable Behavior" is set to "Both" (I guess that it means both DeviceNet and Hardware).

However, I can't find out how to inactivate the enable input.

In one of the document found in the knowledge base of RockwellSoftware, I found an entry related to this issue. However, it says that I should open the section "Digital Inputs" and set the corresponding item "Enable Input". The problem is that in this section, "Enable Input" is not there. I think that the entry refers to another software (perhaps RS5000, not Ultraware)

That is the only thing I can find about the subject.

When I wandering around the system, trying to figure out how to inactive the enable input, it suddenly becomes inactive. I don't know how and when it happens, but I realize that status of the drive becomes disable.

Now, I can copy from the old drive to the new drive.

But then, I cannot re-enable the drive. Whenever I try to enable the drive, there is a message saying that enable input must be active before the drive can be enable.

Again, I don't know how to do that. Then, suddenly, the enable input becomes active and I can enable the drive. Yet I don't know how and when it happens.

During that time, the drive is connected to a DeviceNet module and a MicroLogic 1500 PLC.

From the PLC, I try to "reset" the drive many times. But this does not enable the drive. I still can't figure out how to activate/inactivate enable input on this drive.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Andy

Pin 31 on the CN1 connector is the "enable" input for the drive. Look at your machine's schematics and find out what controls the signal to this input.

If you don't already have it, CLICK HERE for the installation manual for your drive.

🍻

-Eric

...also

Pins 27/28 and 29/30 are for power input by user for the I/O to work. You can put 12-24VDC in and the inputs are active high and are optically isolated. And if you are connected via DeviceNet, you can use RSLogix 5000 to work on the drive.

Last edited: