DirectSoft 32 data logging

djkbb5

So this project is using a DL 205 and we have all the direct soft programs. We can get DSData server to send information to Excell but we need to continuisly log the data. We need to get averages of like temp and ph level and stuff, is there a way to switch cells or write a macro or another program to use. Or does anyone have the excell example that they took out of hte newest copy of their software, any help or suggestsions would be amazing.

Instead of using Excel, log it to a Access Database instead. You will need a Visual Basic program to write a new record every so often. There maybe easier way of accomplish this than using VB...

Nice thing about using a Database is that it is WRITING TO THE HARDDRIVE as every record is entered. Also, you can use ODBC to get just the data you want using the network. Then using Excel or Crystal Report you can generate nice reports for just one day, one month, or conditional data.

Harry has it right. Any database, Access or otherwise, should be used to store data. After all, its right in the name. Excel is good for evaluation and calculation, not storage.

I usually use VB with an OPC Server to an Access database.
We are now trying the DataWorx program with some WinPLCs. It seems to crash for the hell of it once in a while. I don't recommend it for use with the WINPLC. I'm not sure if the PLC version would be any better.