RSView 32

hhuong

Hi All,

I am a newbie to RSView 32 software. I searched about RSView 32 software through internet but I didn't get much information about this software. All I know about RSView 32 is that it is for monitoring and controlling machines and also processes.

Despite the training course that provided by Rockwell Automation, does anyone know where can I find good information about RSView 32 for beginner through internet or book?

Thanks for your kindly reply!

OK, been alot of years since I have used RSView 32. I am working on a little project but can't seem to remember how to use RS messenger. I want to play a .wav file when a bit goes hi. I think I don't have messenger activating when I run the project, from what I recall it was a start up macro I needed but I can't recall the syntax. I also managed to upload the .wav files but they cut off mid way and stop when I check them? They are long, songs actually. I am not sure if I can run them from where I have them on the computer just using a macro? I had done some in my past, but really no wav files beyond 15-30 sec long. Any help to refresh me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, BTW, you can control somewhat with RS View. I have used it before to act as a holding point for multiple data registers transferred using events to transfer the data to the plc which control sequences. Of course non critical informational stuff mainly, but operating parameters for output dummy light logic and so forth. So in a round about way can somewhat do control, or act as a master storage center for logic information. Actually used it to flash diagnostic codes for the fault detected, sensor, missing part, etc, easy to identify a fault by sequence flashes similiar to your pc beeping to tell you what's wrong, was great to have a central RSView but remotely determine status/fault from just a remote dummy light.

Last edited: