RSLinx Driver configure......

Voltimus

I've been trying to configure RSLinx for SLC-5/03 and keep getting this pop-up every time I try to configure it, "Cannot create new PIC device when RSLinx is running as a service. To create a new PIC device, run RSLinx as a normal application and then create the device" I'm using a PCMK card, series B, and I'm trying to configure the "1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver".

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I don't have too much experience with RSLinx, being that it was already in operation when I arrived at the facility, but, I'm trying to download to a new SLC and the driver for the program is this one.

PCMK card need PCMK driver.
linx.jpg

You don't need PIC driver.

To stop Linx as a service use RSlinx Lunch Control Panel

Last edited:
Just expanding on Contr Conn
Go to the Start menu, programs, Rockwell software, RSLinx, Launch Control panel and untick the "run as service" option.