Hello all and Red Lion controls problem

Logix_Stef

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so a friendly hello to all first.

Now my problem: i have a machine with a Red Lion controller. It has no memory card so the program is only on RAM. No backup available - as usual.
I have the software, Crimson 2 which is free to download from the Red Lion site.
I have an USB lead to communicate. I can't see anywhere in the Crimson 2 software an option to upload a configuration from the Red Lion controller to the laptopo_O, Can anybody help? I need to backup but I don't want to risk overwriting the RAM with an empty program.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Stef.

The command you're looking for is "Extract" in the Link menu. Make sure the comms are set to USB (Link > Options).

Keep in mind, however, that if the Support Upload option was not enabled when the program was originally downloaded, you won't be able to suck it out.

The command you're looking for is "Extract" in the Link menu. Make sure the comms are set to USB (Link > Options).

Keep in mind, however, that if the Support Upload option was not enabled when the program was originally downloaded, you won't be able to suck it out.

Thanks John, I'll give it a go.🍻🍻

Crimson 2 is very old software. If the program was developed in Crimson 3 you'll need to get that software instead (also free from Redlion website)

Crimson 2 is very old software. If the program was developed in Crimson 3 you'll need to get that software instead (also free from Redlion website)

Hi TConnolly,
Yes it is old software, the hardware I have works only with Crimson 2, I coud get that from the documentation. I must say, it worked like a treat, I never uploaded a program from a controller that easy, plug and play really. Makes me wonder why other manufacturers make it so awkward.

Thanks anyway(y)

You need to keep in mind that when you download, there is an option to make the download uploadable from the unit (its called "Support Upload"). If that isn' t selected when you download an application, you will not be able to upload it.