Factory Talk SE Trending issue

snordvikqplas

Supporting Member
Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Software: Factory Talk Studio 7.00 CPR9 SR6
Client is using 3 displays.
Computer is connected to 1 Control Logix and 1 Compact Logix (Static Network...192..therefore there is no Youtube issues :)
if the hardware for these is neccessary I can retrieve that information but I do not see that being the issue. This problem is very random and does not happen very frequently. Which makes it an issue...

I will do my best to describe this problem, I am in the process of reading AB pubs and looking online for a similar problem that someone has solved. Thought I would post here just in case someone would have a Eureka moment for me :)
Or can lead me into a research direction that would be beneficial. No issues with legwork on my end, only way to learn.

Problem: On two of the graphic screens (Press 1 or Press 2) is a trending graph, there are 6 pens per graph for various tags in the logic. These are setup in the PEN section for real time graphing. There is a Data Log model for these templates but as of now it is not selected.
A cycle is anywhere from 12 to 20 hours and at the end of a cycle before the next an operator will print the screen of the trend for documentation and verification.There is no need to look at trends from say three days ago. We are also using a basic data logger outside of the software for logging data to a simple csv file.
“Pens” or the lines do not show what the current value or was the value for different data points for the press. Basically for a period of time the trend graph shows no data and only connects the “dots” between the last time the software registered the data and when it now registers the data. This is real time trending and does not show a trend from a historical perspective past the initial live buffer.

For a couple of years there has been no issue with system, and even when this problem happens the csv file is correct and the data logging does not lose connection. All values in the csv file are correct. therefore this looks to be an SE problem or my operator problem.

I have read in the manual the following:
Real-time trends collect data only while the trend is shown. This means that a real-time
trend will not contain any data, when the graphic display opens.
This can be a problem if the trend chart is not open for the entire time the application is
running, or if other graphic displays are opened before the trend display.
If you want a trend to contain data when the graphic display opens, you can use a data log​
model, or you can run startup macro, to load and update the display in the background.

IF this was the issue then I would have thought the problem would show itself more than just once every month or so. The client is open at all times on the computer.

So in conclusion would this be an windows/SE issue or (I only assisted on this software) does the architecture or how these trends are done need to be changed. I am struggling with the last one just because if having the graphic display minimized for this causes the issue I would have thought it would appear more often. Maybe not though.

Thanks in advance