PLC and SCADA Startup - Information Required

Sorry I did not get the last part.. reclick?
Stop over thinking this! Get the customer first and then get them to pay for the software etc indirectly. The conversation goes "ok you want to use AB it costs X for the license I will meet you half way and charge you y or you can use Omron and the cost is z. Customers come in all shapes and sizes so trying to work out what they want in advance is an exercise in frustration. Word of mouth is the best as it costs nothing but getting a start can be hard,. Post on Gumtree I know I know you would be surprised.

I wrote my reply as an answer to this:
My point is that if you can combine your PLC and SCADA abilities with something that a customer would want help with, because he is essentially chanceless if he try by himself, then you have a better chance to get be contacted.
I am also thinking that the title "integrator" at the very least means you have a good knowledge of standards and safety.
It could also be something else, something that would be critically important to a potential customer. PLC and SCADA programming alone is possibly not enough.

I agree 100%

Stop over thinking this! Get the customer first and then get them to pay for the software etc indirectly. The conversation goes "ok you want to use AB it costs X for the license I will meet you half way and charge you y or you can use Omron and the cost is z. Customers come in all shapes and sizes so trying to work out what they want in advance is an exercise in frustration. Word of mouth is the best as it costs nothing but getting a start can be hard,. Post on Gumtree I know I know you would be surprised.

Right

Sorry I didn’t open it yet, I just got told by a mate that if I can use it, he will hopefully have some projects for me. I will do it reaching home. Meanwhile, can u please shed light on the difference between kepware n ignition? I know nothing as of now about kepware, but will start working on it tonight

Meanwhile, can u please shed light on the difference between kepware n ignition? I know nothing as of now about kepware, but will start working on it tonight

I do hope you have a long evening available.
Ignition is a fully featured SCADA platform that can be expanded to do… well anything I’ve asked it to do.
KepwareEX is a OPC server with various device drivers allowing SCADA platforms to connect to a greater range of devices.

You have a lot of learning ahead

I do hope you have a long evening available.
Ignition is a fully featured SCADA platform that can be expanded to do… well anything I’ve asked it to do.
KepwareEX is a OPC server with various device drivers allowing SCADA platforms to connect to a greater range of devices.

You have a lot of learning ahead

Hehe. Thanks Chris! Much appreciated!

Hey. Well, technology in startups is always a complicated matter. The main thing is to understand why integrate the various and whether it is worth it at all. Many people always write program code in pure languages, so as not to fall into the backdoors of the frameworks. Others, on the contrary, so as not to create their backdoors. In general, a startup is better to transfer to companies that are more experienced in development. Personally, I agree with this article https://clockwise.software/blog/startup-mvp-insights-to-build-a-successful-business/. In fact, for beginners, it is always very difficult to start technology startups!

Agreed!