schweitzer SEL 2030

robo77

I have a project to communicate with a schweitzer SEL 2030. Has anyone done this before.

Low down:
Intouch HMI (using fsgateway)
RElab OPC server (tcp)

The systems "seems" to work, but is very intermittent, wonder if polling is too fast or 2030 units are old.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Robo

I work with SEL stuff quite a bit. More detail on your system would help.

- Is this a new setup? Worked better before?
- What's the physical and protocol path?
- What other devices are on the network and configured for the OPC server?

I can't find 2030 document so I assume it's an older device. Do you have an link?

This was an existing setup on old HMI (rsview).Converted to Wonderware.

Replaced old Clearview with new Relab software. Imported setup.

This is the only OPC server (now).

Using City network (fiber-already running before). Using tpc to serial converter on 2030 (existing).

I got them to shutoff old server as the Schweitzers will only answer to 1 device. The communication is there for most data. Just seems like one station and a few data points do not come thru.