Factorytalk View ME scrolling with mouse

toont

Hi all,

Should it be possible to scroll with your mouse within screens and lists in FTV ME (version 7 or 8) while working on your project? Doesn't work for me, but it works with all other programs.

Hello guys

thanks to OkiePC i finally found a nice solution to enable mouse scrolling in FactoryTalk View Studio.

I made a little script.
Just install autohotkey and then run the sript. It enables vertical scrolling with mouse wheel up and down,
and horizontal scrolling with ctrl+mouse wheel up/down.

Last edited:
Hi

me again.
I improved my script, with mouse zoom in/out function.

mouse scroll up/down: vertical scrolling
alt+mouse scroll up/down: horizontal scrolling
ctrl+mouse scroll up/down: zoom in/out (position is marked element)

Edit: I didnt want to use shift + mouse for horizontal scrolling (like other programs) because shift + mouse is used by FTV for element moving.

Last edited:
Useful and working with FTview 9.0 too

Hi

me again.
I improved my script, with mouse zoom in/out function.

mouse scroll up/down: vertical scrolling
alt+mouse scroll up/down: horizontal scrolling
ctrl+mouse scroll up/down: zoom in/out (position is marked element)

Edit: I didnt want to use shift + mouse for horizontal scrolling (like other programs) because shift + mouse is used by FTV for element moving.

Thanks a lot for your script!

Just want to specify for others, You need to download and install AutoHotKey, download the script and right click on it, choose compile. You will have an exe file created, put it in Startup folder and you good to go.

Start FTview, you need to have your display in maximize window to work.

Have fun!

Hi LeGrandDuc

you're welcome.

You dont need it to be compiled. I have always just the script itself in the startup folder, So i can easily change/adapt it when needed.

And it works (for me) regardless of maximized or not maximized window.

I thought Rockwell would finally implement it in FTV 10, but again i was wrong. Maybe in 5 years (maybe not).

Best reagards
crawler009

crawler009-You're Awesome!

Thank you so much for posting this script! I was pulling my hair out navigating the FTView screen. Thanks again!(y)

Wanted to register for this script alone. Life saver.

Just some feedback: script only works for me when the screen is maximized. I am using on a second monitor so not sure if that matters. I will play around with the script to see if I can get it to work on both maximized and un-maximized. I see it references a screen title that seems to be "FactoryTalk" where the Window Title in Window Spy is "FactoryTalk View Studio - View Site Edition (Local Station)" so I am not sure if it uses wildcards or what to detect window name for executing the script?

Wanted to register for this script alone. Life saver.

Just some feedback: script only works for me when the screen is maximized...

you mean the display screen, not the FactoryTalk View Studio screen, am i right? Basically its working, but it sends the scrolling command to the inner window (the display itself which has
no scroll bar if you open it) and not to the scroll bar of the Studio.
You can test this if you un-maximize Studio itself, open a display and resize it so that it has a scroll bar.
Also the zoom command works, and that one is in the same #IfWinActive.

If it would be possible to send the scroll command to the Studio (also) and not only to the display, it would scroll even when the display is not maximized.
Let me know if you find a way.

Last edited:
you mean the display screen, not the FactoryTalk View Studio screen, am i right? Basically its working, but it sends the scrolling command to the inner window (the display itself which has
no scroll bar if you open it) and not to the scroll bar of the Studio.
You can test this if you un-maximize Studio itself, open a display and resize it so that it has a scroll bar.
Also the zoom command works, and that one is in the same #IfWinActive.

If it would be possible to send the scroll command to the Studio (also) and not only to the display, it would scroll even when the display is not maximized.
Let me know if you find a way.

Wow thanks for the reply. 🍻

So after the days use let me clarify what I am seeing. If my Factory-Talk screen is NOT maximized, the FT screen renders in its native resolution inside the FT environment and the "scroll bar" is placed on the actual FT environment and NOT the active screen. I believe this is why the script does not currently work if not maximized. In contrast, if I maximize the FT screen inside the FT environment, it changes the scroll bars to the active screen (not the environment) and the script works properly.

Let me also clarify the script works great and is 100% amazing. I wonder if you can use items on a "nonactive" screen? Is that a possibility? Is there a help file for this script environment? Its pretty cool. I feel like it can be utilized for a lot of other things as well.

Wow thanks for the reply. 🍻

Let me also clarify the script works great and is 100% amazing. I wonder if you can use items on a "nonactive" screen? Is that a possibility? Is there a help file for this script environment? Its pretty cool. I feel like it can be utilized for a lot of other things as well.

You're welcome. I dont know, maybe its posible.. i'm not very experienced with Windows programming.
Yes, the software is has a good help on their website http://www.autoHotkey.com and also a good forum.
Its a amazing software, through which you can automate and control almost everything in Windows. Its worth to take a look at the capabilites.

Thank you Mr. Crawler009 for the script .

It will really save time for me; as I have to zoom in and out a lot for updating and relocating indicators all the time.

Really appreciate your help.������

How is it 2021 and still noone has addressed this problem yet? What the heck are they up to at rockwell?

Thank you so much for that script.