Import/Export IO configuration in Studio 5000

jakeparsons03

I am building a spreadsheet that a user can fill out and will basically automatically create all of the starting components of a PLC program (Tags, basic rungs,etc...). Currently, I am stuck on importing PLC cards. I see that there is an import button that I can hit. It looks for an .L5X file, which is great. My problem is, is that I don't know the format of that L5X file to begin building one to import.

My most recent try was to create a project, throw some cards on there and then export it. Thats how I found the format for other parts of this project but, the export button is greyed out. I was looking through the AB manual and I saw a section on exporting PLC tags but not one on card exporting.

So, I was wondering if anyone has tried something like this and if so how did you import cards. Thanks in advance!

For the base hardware you'll need to create an .L5K file. Open the program you created, then File --> Save As ".L5K". That is the format you will require.