tManager

kellian

Hi All, after some feedback about a in rack 3rd party module for the CLX range.

tManager SQL- PLC module
https://data-intelligence.softing.c...-in-chassis-modules/tmanager-plc-to-database/

Has anyone used these modules?
What is the reliability like?
Do they have issues maintaining connection to the Database?
Any issues with reconnecting to the Database on power cycle?
Any experience of them "Locking up" ie being alive but not responding?
What is the product support like?

After all feedback good and bad.

Thanks

Hi All, after some feedback about a in rack 3rd party module for the CLX range.

tManager SQL- PLC module
https://data-intelligence.softing.c...-in-chassis-modules/tmanager-plc-to-database/

Has anyone used these modules?
What is the reliability like?
Do they have issues maintaining connection to the Database?
Any issues with reconnecting to the Database on power cycle?
Any experience of them "Locking up" ie being alive but not responding?
What is the product support like?

After all feedback good and bad.

Thanks

I have used these in about 15 applications but it was before the Softing buyout and I have not used any of the later firmware after the Softing buyout.

That said in my experience once they are setup they are rock solid. Any issues we had turned out to be other items primarily other connectivity issues.

My experience is limited to SQL DB connections and Oracle DB connections

In all my applications we were also using server hardware and VM's dedicated to the manufacturing space and networks dedicated to the manufacturing space.

Many people like to throw their automation devices on their corporate network which is just begging for problems and like to run their automation databases alongside other corporate DB applications and in this environment is the only time we ever had issues and again they were found to be design issues and the fallout of the customer being cheap and making bad choices in their network design.

Last edited:
I have a similar experience to Phil above.
Ours has been in service for about 8 years but it is something we inherited. Have not had to touch it, no connection issues, has had no firmware updates and has survived multiple power cycles with no user intervention.

Back
Top Bottom