Read_var() Block Not reading any data in M340

I have a system consist of Schneider M340 PLC. I have to read data from Energy Meter EM6400 in my plc. My energy Meter is connected through Link150 Ethernet Gateway to MY PLC Network. I am reading this data through read_var() block. But i am not getting any data in my receiving array but i am getting reports in Exchange management Table.
Pictures attached for reference.
Read_var() Logic.PNG

Animation Table.PNG

Hi

Looks like you are constantly enabling the read car, you may need some logic to enable this cyclically. Also your gear array do you have a timeout set? Does the activity bit animate? I.E is your read var attempting to read?
Also can you ping the energy meter with the IP address configured. Read the help file on read var for the understanding of the heat array values.
RTM - Read The Manual

I amusing this same logic for reading from another energy meter of same Make schneider but the Ethernet Gateway is of another make,i am getting values in receiving array.
i have set the timeout value to 12 in gesT array.
i am bale to animate activity bit and i got that my least significant bit of Activity Bit is not updating to 0,only most significant bit is changing continuously.

RTM

You need to pulse read_var, otherwise it is constantly reading and you can't read elsewehere (Ethernet have capacity for communication too)
Also you should trigger read_var only, when activity bit is off-state.

Also that there is different gateway, can mean that communication settings differ also.
But at least you should see first activity bit alternating.

Are you using same gest_variables for both or diffrent variables?
It also is important for read_var communication.
If you have different gest, you can read same time. If you have same gest variables, then you can read only from 1 meter at one time and need also alternate read var blocks.

Gest parameter [2] have operation and communication error codes, since it is 12, LSB byte have hex value of 16#C. It tells the problem

Last edited: