4-20 mA calibrator

Jim G.

I have a Ronan X85 unit that I use for calibrating 4-20mA loops. It's kinda bulky and I would like to find something smaller, maybe battery powered that I can carry in a tool pouch to use.

I am looking for what some of you use.

Thank you for your input.

How much would you be willing to spend? The Fluke 789 would probably be ideal, but it's not cheap. I often use a Yokogawa CA71, but I also believe they're pretty expensive as well.

I'm not looking for Fluke pricing. I know that they are expensive. I just need something down and dirty to simulate PLC inputs, and test circuits.

It's a personal purchase not company. If it was company money, then it would be a Fluke.

Thanks

The big question is do you need a calibrator or a simulator? Calibrators are expensive because you pay for the certification and the additional precision necessary.

Simulators are much more economical though not as precise as a calibrator. Here is the one we carry.
https://www.theautomationstore.com/analog-simulator-and-generator-with-lcd-0-10vdc-and-4-20ma/

I got one of these a couple months ago. All I needed - I did not need any certs/paper trail.
Small package.
Only one small complaint. the down button is not quite centered under the graphic so I have to hunt for it.
Other than that, it seems to be a bang-up simulator.