STUDENT QUESTION: LADSIM Bytronic Industrial Control Trainer (ICT3)

ALL items are scanned by both IP3 and IP8 simultaneously and can't be avoided.

EVERYTHING is labelled 1 by IP8 and will be rejected.

So, what to do?

If EVERYTHING is scanned by IP8 and labelled 1 for rejection, and this scanning can't be avoided, what is the use of IP3?

IP3 detects Correctly Assembled items...

IP8 detects EVERYTHING with metal (Completely Assembled items and Pegs) and labels 1 for rejection.

So, what to do?

Use IP3 to identify Correctly Assembled items and use it to delete the 1 allocated to them in the register and thereby avoid rejection!

The 1 generated by IP8 for Completely Assembled items has to be erased (i.e. turned to zero) before they reach the location in the register that triggers the rejection piston OP3.

That is the purpose of IP3.

If everything is labelled 1 for rejection by IP8, then, IP3 can be used to remove this from Correctly Assembled items:

Thus avoiding rejection of Correctly Assembled items.

Once, it detects rings it will be complete.

There is no detector for rings.

So, how can we identify individual rings!

I suspect IP4 can be used as a ring detector.

However, I am not sure how.

hi I don't know why you are flooding your post

however

if you have a sensor to detect a part and another sensor to detect a bad part / or a good part consider using a shift register

That is a int or dint so 16/32 or 32/64 bits depending on your PLC

each bool bit in the register represents a part and its status

So.. a part comes along. The presence of the part sets bit 1 and shifts the register, lets call it (R_Parts) 1 place (so that bit is now a position 2)

If a reject is detected you need to set a bit in a new register (R_reject)

Now, each time a new part arrives you need to index both registers, so you will end up with a row of 1's for parts and a corresponding row of 1 or 0 for rejects.

Now it maybe after 20 parts have entered the line the very first part is at the reject bay. If so you can write something like -- if part at bit pos 20 is a reject, fire a solenoid or whatever

It is important to make sure the bit at the end doesn't get cycled back to the first bit position so look to see if you can set the shift function to handle that or reset it yourself

Thank you for taking the time to reply, CJD 1965.

I have implemented a Bit Shift Register to keep track of all items and allocate 0 to a good item and 1 for a bad item.

There are three items to detect:

1. Assembled items (0).

2. Pegs (1).

3. Rings (1).

There are specific sensors for 1 and 2.

No problem.

HOWEVER, there is no sensor for 3 (Rings).

So, I am not sure HOW to detect them and put them in the BSR.

Hi tragic,

The question has been asked before but with a different simulator.

The link giving context to this is at the top of the thread.

Crack on with another thread :)

You are spamming your own post with illegible, unrelated, random rubbish. This isn't the way to work or get help.

Hi tragic,

I am new to PLCs and find this a challanging question and am working my way through it. You are free not to read it. Like I said, crack on with another thread elsewhere.:)

Last edited:
If you want to contribute positively, I'd welcome advice on how to detect an item when there isn't a sensor for it.

Three items to detect:

Assembled item, ring and peg.

There are specific sensors for an assembled item and peg.

However, there isn't a sensor for rings.

Not sure how to overcome this.

Thank you.

If you are at the "Assembled" station and it is "Not Assembled" but a "peg" is detected, then the ring must be missing. Try writing the logic with this in mind. I'm not sure what the physical layout is that you are using. Maybe this suggestion will help you to re-arrange your thoughts.