Need Print From TD-200 Display

Nauman

Dear Sirs,

How can we get the temperature values from printer using communication b/w TD-200 (Rs232c) - Printer (Lpt)while the temp values are displaying on td-200.

"The PLC we are using is Siemens 224 & program for it is Step 7 200 "

Regards
Nauman

There is no way to communicate directly between TD200 and your printer.

You could transmit the value throughout the CPU if you have an additional free CPU port. Otherwise you would require a CPU with 2 ports or a EM277 extension module where you could connect your TD200 instead.

For transmission you would use the Freeport XMT instruction.
To convert the values into ASCII format following built in instrcution are available ITA,DTA,RTA,HTA.
A PC/PPI cable to convert RS485/RS232 is required.

P.S:
There is no way to use PPI and Freeport on same CPU port,
as long you had a external PPI Master(TD200) in your network.