k type Thermocouple count range

gururaj

I am using S7-300 PLC with 315 2DP CPU.
We have connected K type Thermocouple to analog I/P module, . I have defined same in the hardware configuration. Please let me know the count range (software), and temperature range for K type thermocouple.

Hello gujuraj;

From the Siemens manual "S7-300 module data"

TC_K_S7-300.jpg

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

As a side note, "I/P" is most often used to designate a current to pneumatic trransducer. This device, often used in process control, converts a 4-20 mA signal to a 3-15 psig signal for valve positioning.

I have noticed a number of posts lately using I/P and O/P for input and output respectively. I'm not sure where this is coming from, but as a personal opinion I'd rather see the words spelled out for clarity.