Crimson 3 - complex script for momentary button press

gbeaker

How do I write a complex script for a momentary button press? The reference manual says sleep() isn't recommended for button presses. I am trying to program a button to acknowledge alarms as well as send a fault reset bit to the PLC.

Thanks

Sounds like you are making it to complex. Why not just use the action function of your object to turn a tag on associated to your PLC. If you use a Momentary push button action you can put a dwell on the action so it gives the PLC time to see the action.

I also need the button to clear/ack the alarms in the HMI. This is my code:

AlarmAcceptAll();
TagsPLC1.FAULT_CLEAR=1;

Right now Im using the plc to bring the fault_clear but back low, but I'd like the HMI to only have it come on momentary.

I also need the button to clear/ack the alarms in the HMI. This is my code:

AlarmAcceptAll();
TagsPLC1.FAULT_CLEAR=1;

Right now Im using the plc to bring the fault_clear but back low, but I'd like the HMI to only have it come on momentary.

The only option would be to have a trigger on the FAULT_CLEAR tag set for Active high that sets itself low after a delay.

Thanks
Jeremy

I actually prefer to do "momentary" control of HMI functions by having the HMI perform a value write (like the TagsPLC1.FAULT_CLEAR = 1 shown above), and have the PLC logic reset the value to zero after it has done the logical tasks required of it.

I just don't like relying on the HMI to write both a 1 and a 0 in a limited period of time. I've seen too many systems where the HMI was struggling with a lousy network installation and the operators reported "we pushed the button a bunch of times and it got stuck on". (n)