Omron CPM2A Questions

Clear Blue

Hello group,

I have an opportunity to acquire several Omron CPM2A units.
They will come with an Omron S8VS 06024 Power supply and some other hardware?

In my online searches it appears that I need special software called SYSWIN to be able to interface and program this unit.
This software does not appear to be downloadable from anywhere online. Including Omron's website(s) (that I have found)

From what I have read this software apparently needs a dongle to work.

So - is this the case?
Does Omron or an authorized dealer still provide the software?
Is it free or cost a fee? How much of a fee?
Can the software be obtained elsewhere?

Anything else I should know about these units?
Are they good, robust etc.?

Please advise with info that you have.

Thank you in advance.

Clear Blue

They are typical shoebox PLCs. Syswin is no longer available commercially. If you do a search here for Syswin you will find some references - I think one of them has a download link. Otherwise contact your Omron office and see if they will supply it to you free of charge.
CX-Programmer will also program the PLC but it is part of a suite of software that programs all Omron devices. If it is a home project it would probably be too expensive for you.
Personally I would buy the latest shoebox the CP1 but I designs and build systems for a living and use all the latest equipment and software. I only use CX-Programmer these days and have not used Syswin for many years now.
I find Omron PLCs to be very reliable and at least as rugged as just about anything on the market.