L43S Safety Problem

DaytonPLC

I'm trying to add a safety generic module for a robot CIP. Anyhow, everything is grayed out and not allowing me to add IP address or change anything. Everything involving safety side is grayed out. Even my safety lock/unlock button is grayed out.

Although under the properties of the controller it says "Safety Application Unlocked"

I've tried both online and off line. I've tried key sw in REM and in Program mode.

Everything I have read on AB site says I need to put in a password but again that is after you click the safety lock/unlock button that is grayed out???

What am I missing???

You need "professional", "full" or "Lite" edition to change safety on L43S.
Standard, Mini or Service editions will not do it.

See TN 44566

Last edited:
Thanks all

Yep, thats my problem... I have the standard version. Guess I'm stuck giving Rockwell more $$$

Thanks again for the help, I been scratching my head for a while on this...

If your company does not have a different activation level available, then you can get 9324-RLDGLXE - this is an additional safety editor activation.

If your company does not have a different activation level available, then you can get 9324-RLDGLXE - this is an additional safety editor activation.

So is that a ROCKWELL part number? I was going to call our local AB supplier tomorrow about how much a seat it will cost for us to be able to use guardlogix.

Yes, that's a rockwell part number. If you don't use safety PLC's often, you could probably share one safety editor activation among all your programmers, using either a dongle or an activation server

If this is a one time task, then you can probably ask to borrow activation from the distributor. Keep in mind, that this part number is just an activation. There is no need to reinstall the software.