1769-l30er

mobil1syn

Lifetime Supporting Member
struggling getting the firmware update on this controller. new build, assigned an IP via bootp, can ping it, but i get a not in the proper mode error. it is in program mode. any suggestions?

fail.jpg

I have always did it via USB, doesn't the IP address get wiped out during the upgrade?
same result when attempting to do it via usb.

from reading around someone was saying they left bootp up and running to 'perserve' the address. didnt work for me.

You are browsing too far into the tree when trying to flash the firmware. Don't browse through the bus, select the first level item under the Ethernet I/P driver.

Yup; the first CPU object in the browsing tree should be highlighted, not the "down through the backplane to the CPU" object.

The old ControlLogix had modular Ethernet so you had to go through such a route, but not the modern ones with a built-in Ethernet port.

In my opinion RSLinx and/or ControlFlash should do a better job of detecting and notifying users of such a path problem.

You are browsing too far into the tree when trying to flash the firmware. Don't browse through the bus, select the first level item under the Ethernet I/P driver.

Yup; the first CPU object in the browsing tree should be highlighted, not the "down through the backplane to the CPU" object.

The old ControlLogix had modular Ethernet so you had to go through such a route, but not the modern ones with a built-in Ethernet port.

In my opinion RSLinx and/or ControlFlash should do a better job of detecting and notifying users of such a path problem.

šŸ™ƒ

thank you gentlemen.

I have always did it via USB, doesn't the IP address get wiped out during the upgrade?

No the flashing only updates the CPU card and not the Ethernet card so all the Ethernet settings stay the same, I think the only time you see Ethernet updates are with series updates