Compact Logix RTC Clock

alive15

Good morning all,

I am using RS Logix 20.04 to connect to my compact logix ___ that has a RTC (real time clock) on it. I can set the time and date by hitting the "use workstation time and date" button. Is there a tag for this button that I can use on an HMI, so in the future, if the RTC loses time and date, the operator can just press the button to get the time and date from the workstation? I'm assuming no, because my laptop won't be hooked at the time.

I just need a way to update the time without actually going online with it.

Thanks,

From my understanding, I still need a computer in order to do this. Is there any tag that exists so I can create a pushbutton on an Automation Direct HMI which will fix the time and date?

I think maybe this Tech Note is more what you need.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19844/page/1

Is the AD HMI the source of the "correct" time now? If so,

Follow the steps in the Tech Note for setting the time. Create a 7 INT array in the controller (some people prefer a UDT instead) and have your HMI write the date and time settings to that array.

Create a button in the HMI to write to a BOOL tag in the controller. Then use that BOOL tag to trigger an SSV instruction that will write those seven values to the controller clock.

Note that the array must have seven values even if you only need five or six. The SSV will fail if the array is too small.

OG

@Operaghost I was not able to view the link you sent. Usually, I grab time and date from my laptop when I plug in. But sometimes the module will lose the time and date, so I have to go online and press the button that says "use current time and date on workstation".

So instead of me going online, I want to create a pushbutton that can automatically do this, but I need some tag to do it. I cannot find the tag that relates to the "use current time and date on workstation", which is what I need help finding.

I use a UDT to keep things ordered.

The DINTS are 0-Year, 1-Month, 2-Day, 3-Hour, 4-Minute, 5-Seconds 6-Unused.

Just write the values you want to the Set_Clock[] array, then set the bit for CMD_Set_Clock.

I just have Ignition do this every day for every PLC in the plant to keep things nice and synchronized.

For the record, I also have the PLC's update the time signatures in every AB drive connected to them once a day.

Clock UDT.PNG SSV_RUNG.PNG