AB digital fast & normal input?

theripley

Sorry for this very naive question.

I'm not supposed to post this, but the AB tech team here in my area are out of reach.

I will be using 1766-L32BWA, on the catalog it says, 12 digital fast input, 8 digital normal input & 12 relay output.

What does the fast & normal means? Why are there more fast than normal input?

The 'fast' inputs can be used as inputs to the high-speed counters (HSCs). They can all be used as 'normal' inputs if you aren't using the HSCs.

🍻

-Eric

Another question, if I will be connecting 1766-L32BWA to panelview plus 2711P-T6C5D - is cable 1585J-M8CBJM-5 the correct cable to use.

This is as recommended by the supplier, but I am in doubt. Please help.

Allen-Bradley sells a variety of Ethernet cables. Some are very ordinary, and some are special (600V insulation, high-flex, shielded, etc).

Part number 1585J-M8CBJM-5 is a fairly ordinary 5-meter Ethernet cable with a PVC jacket.

That specific model of PanelView Plus has only RS-232, not Ethernet. You will need to connect it to the MicroLogix 1400 Channel 2 with a "straight through" serial cable.

The 2711-NC13 is a "straight through" serial cable sold by A-B for this application. Any straight-through DB9F - DB9F serial cable will work.

You could also use a serial cable to Channel 0 of the MicroLogix 1400, but I'm not certain of that part number.

Allen-Bradley sells a variety of Ethernet cables. Some are very ordinary, and some are special (600V insulation, high-flex, shielded, etc).

Part number 1585J-M8CBJM-5 is a fairly ordinary 5-meter Ethernet cable with a PVC jacket.

That specific model of PanelView Plus has only RS-232, not Ethernet. You will need to connect it to the MicroLogix 1400 Channel 2 with a "straight through" serial cable.

The 2711-NC13 is a "straight through" serial cable sold by A-B for this application. Any straight-through DB9F - DB9F serial cable will work.

You could also use a serial cable to Channel 0 of the MicroLogix 1400, but I'm not certain of that part number.

Kindly check my simple (hand sketched) lay-out. Is this correct?