Plantpax Help w/ Generic Analog Input Faceplate

jwcallis

Ok, so I created a new generic analog input faceplate for a new 0-4000 psi pressure transmitter we have at our plant. After configuring the correct tag and PLC, the display is showing a signal failure. The pressure value displayed is correct and matches the actual pressure we are reading in the vessel. Confirmed this with calibrated gauges. Looking at the Function block routine shows that the "srcq" parameter within the AOI has a value of 32. We cant really find what is out of range, or what NaN means. Also unclear about an invalid combination. Anyone that can shed some light and point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks. Factory Talk View ver. 8.20.00

When you say "display is showing a signal failure", are speaking of the faceplate or an Icon? Did you create your own Icon too, or are just showing a value?
NaN means Not a Number.
I've never rolled my own faceplate with PlantPax, too much work. Maybe someone else can pitch in.

I mis-understood, you are using the Basic AI block and faceplate. When you said created, I thought you rolled your own.

In the function block what do you have connected to Inp_PVBad? Should be wired to the channel bad status.

Identical AOI but we aren't using any fault tags at the moment. I tried just writing a constant 0 to both input pins, but still same result. I replaced them with tags that will be used in the future, with "0" values currently and the SRCQ parameter changed to "1". The faceplate, however is still showing a signal failure.

check the "Cfg_FailHiLim" setting. It's default is 103.9583 and it will show "Signal Failure" if the value is higher.

It's also on the Faceplate where you set the alarm setpoints.

check the "Cfg_FailHiLim" setting. It's default is 103.9583 and it will show "Signal Failure" if the value is higher.

It's also on the Faceplate where you set the alarm setpoints.

Yeah, that is set to 4100. Actual signal is about 1052.00 or so during normal condition. Whats weird, is that we have another FB routine with identical code looking at a Temperature sensor. It is functioning correctly with no signal failure. Actual value is within all the limits just like the non-functioning routine. Im sure its probably a missed parameter somewhere, just frustrating. LOL