ArmorBlock problem, first time user

I am getting ready to use an ArmorBlock I/O module for the first time. All I have done so far is connect power to it. When I apply power it goes through the POST for about 10 seconds, the Net led flashes red once then the Module Status led flashes red. The user manual only says it is a recoverable fault, but it does not say what that fault may be.

Usually AB manuals have the answers but I couldn't find it this time.

Any thoughts?

The recoverable fault is most likely caused by the lack of a network connection. Once you have it configured and connected to the network, the fault should clear.

What exact part number is it ?

Have you connected it to a network ?

Is it an output module with an auxiliary output circuit that you have not yet connected ?

Is it an input module with open-wire detection enabled by default ?

If it's connected to a network and the Net LED is not flashing green, then there's probably something wrong with the network cable. My recollection is that a duplicate node fault gives you a steady red network status LED.

From the AB-1732E-16CFG manual:

MODULE status indicator MOD:

flashing red > minor fault

- firmware update
- IP-address switches have changed

>

- check configuration and cycle power
- if firmware-update , wait untill complete
- verify IP-address swiches are set to desired value

It is the 1732E-IB16M12R.

I have not connected it to a network yet, so maybe that is why. But I connected power to a 1732E-IF4M12R and its module light turns green. I tried connecting my network cable to it and it is not responding to it so I may have a network cable problem as well.

I will update when I have an answer.

Yep, it was my network cable. I am using the field installed M12 connector, and one of the wires got crossed.

I just wish the installation manual was a little more detailed about the led lights.

Thanks guys