Micrologix 1100 ASCII out to Zebra Printer

Norml

Hi Guys,

I've spent 2 days trying to print a barcode from CH0 of a ML1100 to a Zebra LP2824 printer. I can see the output string using Hyperterminal. I'm using 1200 bps and I add a null modem when I change from the laptop to the printer. The only thing I can think of is that there something wrong with the printer's AUTOFR setup. The printer works in all other respects. Has anyone else had an issue with this setup?

And of course you've hooked the laptop to the printer and sent the same ascii characters as you are sending from the 1100 and it works just fine ?

If so, then it's either one of three things: 1. You are not sending the exact same characters; 2. The cable wiring (including jumpers) are not correct; 3. Something I can't think of, right now.

4)printer is not configured for half duplex (null modem) or 2 wire RS 232 wire. I'm assuming that the printer will recognize a standard ascii string may need to add CR LF