Editing too long FB (Siemens)

manmeetvirdi

Hi,
Iam opening a FB which was initially compiled in SCL. This FB opens (STL code appears) but when I click at editable portion of FB it comes out with message "maximum number of lines that can be processed was exceeded", and I can't edit it.

Is there any way to circumvent this problem?
Regards
Manmeet

I have seen it mentioned that the limit is 2000 lines in one network.

You can sometimes interpret the STL code generated from SCL if the network isnt too big. But if its bigger than 2000 lines, I think you can forget it.

^^This dint work.
Don't know why. Have attached the FB to see if you can find the way.
And Thanks to all for enthusiastic response ! Long time since I posted over here.
🍻

Regards.

Thanks LD.

Its done. But before posting the attachment over here, I tried it.

Made the project Too_long, opened OB1, then selected File-->Generate Source. Window was not displaying the option FB 712, but only that of DB712 and OB1.:oops:

Again when Iam trying this for other FB, its not displaying its name!

Last edited:
Open the block and then save it. This changes the block language from SCL to STL. After this the block is available in the export block list.