PMA KS800 Temperature Controller Programming/Engineering Cable

Archie

I recently had to work on some machines with PMA temperature controllers. These controllers required an RS232 to TTL converter cable which was very hard to find and it doesn't seem to work with a USB to RS232 adapter. I spent quite a few hours trying to find any information on how to make a cable, but had very little luck. I reverse engineered a cable that I borrowed and made a USB cable that works with the controller.

I wanted to share this information in case someone else goes down the same road and hopefully this post will be found and save them many hours. Attached is the document I created on how to make this cable. I tested this cable using the PMS Blue Control software.

Thanks! We got hundreds of the PMA controllers out there, and we receive requests weekly for replacements. Right now we use an ancient laptop to do the programming.

Thanks!

It's good to know that I am not alone in having to deal with these controllers. If you go to make up this cable, pin 1 on the RJ11 connector pulls 5 volts from the controller board that was used to power the PMA adapter, make sure nothing is connected to this pin to avoid possibly damaging the temperature controller.

I was able to use the PMA Blue Control software on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop with the cable I made. However I could not get the Blue Loader software to work.

Correct connection

Is this the correct connection of the plug?
RJ11_Telephone_cable_jack_connector_telecoms.png

The last question

Is it possible to work (cooperation) KS 800 DP with TIA Portal V12??

Thank you for your response

Last edited:
Based on your picture, the pin designations are correct. I'm not sure about the other controller because I have only used the cable on a PMA800 controller.

need help

Hello all

I need licence for Bluecontrol software for PMA KS816 temperature controller. If somebody have this licence it will be very helpful to share it.

Best regards

Go and buy it like the rest of us do. No stealing software or licences on this site.

Heloo All
Does anyone have a image of a HDD diskette that was included with the KS800 DP driver ??? There are sample programs for s5 and s7. Will anyone share this floppy disk?