Sum

jimcav

Good Morning

I am using rs logix 5000 and i would like to sum the values in an array without having to add each one in a CPT and at different times the length of want is getting summed would also change. Any thoughts?

Thx
Jim Cav

Good Morning

I am using rs logix 5000 and i would like to sum the values in an array without having to add each one in a CPT and at different times the length of want is getting summed would also change. Any thoughts?

Thx
Jim Cav

Take a look at the FAL instruction - File Arithmetic Logical

There is a control file that contains length, position, whether you do all in one scan or one position per scan (so that you don't affect scan time too much) as well as the destination for the calculation and the calculation itself.

The help file and examples are quite good.