So Machine Basic reset coils

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am programming in SoMachine basic with a M221 plc. I've ran into this issue twice recently. Don't recall ever running into it before, so I am not sure If I need to do something different.

I am using set and reset coils. At the beginning of the cycle it sets a bit on, and at the end of the cycle it resets the bit. Thus I have a bit that is true the whole way through the cycle to signal the rest of the program.

The deal is that when I power down the plc and repower it, the coils still show as set in the program. So when i power up the plc, certain parts of the program kick in like the cycle is on, when it really isn't, just that the coil was set when the plc powered down and so it is still set.

Is there anyway around this? Am I missing something simple? Upon first scan, I could reset every coil, but that seems lame. Is there any sort of reset all?

Waiting to here your suggestions.

%s13
---| |--------------------------------------------%m0:16 :=0
|
%m16:16:=0

I'm sorry. I don't quite understand this logic. %S13 is the first scan bit I know, but what all are you setting to 0? Thanks for explaining to us who are still learning!

%M0:16 transfer value 0 from integer side to bits %M0,M1..%M15 (16 consecutive bits string of address %M0)

You can of course use 16 times different reset coils for %M0..%M15, but this is more efficient and quicker to code ;)
You can use command eveywhere on bits side, start address only needs to be diviable with 16 (8 maybe also works, because you can also use at least %Mx:8 command)