AI wiring practices no. of cores

spaderkung

Hi, I would appreciate some feedback on the number of cores used for the specific example of a 4-wire analog device, powered from the control system, using AO and DO from the transmitter. Basic question I guess, but this time I do not copy paste the el. dwg.

This is a small system. We do not have dedicated fuses for inputs / outputs.

The lowest core number I can think of is as below. Smaller cable, reduced no. of terminals.

PLC . . . . . Transmitter
Common 24V. . Supply power, +24 for AO, + 24 for DO
Supply 0V . . Supply power
Gnd . . . . . Gnd
Flow AI . . . AO
Volume DI . . DO

I think the power should be separated cores, mostly for the case to use a separate cable altogether if the transmitter becomes AC-powered.

What about jumpering the 24V for AO and DO inside the transmitter housing? Is it cheap and a separate core to be used instead? I think not, because if transmitter configured as Active, then it would not have separate + for these I imagine.