TwinCAT 3 FTP ErrID 1799

Vijolica555

Hello,

When trying to upload my data file on Server with FB_FTP_FileUpload i use FB_FTP_HostResolve to get Ipv4 of my HostName. ErrID is 1799 - device is not in a ready state.
Both FB are Beckhoffs.

Any idea what to do?

Thank you.

https://infosys.beckhoff.com/english.php?content=../content/1033/tcftpclient/html/tcftpclient_sample2.htm&id=7573985449965586750

Did you follow the above example for uploading files to a server?

"To execute this sample you have to create a user with the username "TestUser" and the password "TestPwd123" on the FTP Server.
If you set a rising edge at the input variable "bExecute" with the help of the variable "startstop", the file "\Program Files\TestFile1.txt" from the ADS device will be copied to the FTP Server. On the FTP Server the name of the file will be set to "\TestFolder\File1.txt". The folder "TestFolder" will be created if it isn't available.

Notice that the user "TestUser" has rights for reading and writing."

This may help you out.
Regards,

Hello,

Thank you for your Response.

Problem is that i need sHost, that is why I used FB_FTP_HostResolve and already here i get ErrID.

So I Use:
- FB_FTP_HostResolve (This fb gives me IPv4Addr = sHost, which I need for other fb.s)
- FB_FTP_Open and then
- FB_FTP_FileUploadEx

Since I was beginner I did not know that my problem was that my licence for FTP had expired.. And my TwinCAT did not pop out new window to tell me that.. IF smt like this happens to you go at System --> Licence and ask for new one..