Studio 5000 revision problems

Robert Swarts

Hi all, I have just purchased the software for studio 5000 with just the option to down load via the internet (no cd/thumbdrive) I have downloaded and activated the most recent version 31.00. I have purchased a new compactlogix 1769-L27 and the firmware is not compatible! I upgraded the firmware with the most current version I could find on rockwells site vers 29.1 or something like that. But I am still not able to go onto the PLC due to the versions not matching. I can not seem to download older studio 500 versions on line What can be done to solve this problem.

If you trying to download by a serial number I think it is assigned to particular type of package.
So in your case if you specifically asked for v31 it may allow you to download only this particular one.
It is best to check with your Rockwell local provider.

You should be able to download previous versions, as what you should have bought is a licence for everything up to the latest version.

In this country, they used to supply a DVD if you paid the extra £80 to get it shipped from Ireland.

Can you post what product code number you purchased and what you see when you log in to the Rockwell website? A drop-down menu should let you select what version you would like to download.

Logix5000.jpg

Last edited: