Comm error:CTC Powerstation P-1 & Micrologix 1500-1764 LRP Pro

Gem1

Hello,

I am fairly new to this forum but I am hoping someone could offer some advice..

I am trying to get a CTC (Parker Automation) Powerstation P-1 to communicate via Comm Port 1 RS232 Null Modem with a Micrologix 1500-1764 LRP Proc. I have configured it to use Channel 1 DF1-Full Duplex w/ BCC error detection enabled. I know that Channel 1 is valid as I can communicate in and out of the PLC on it. I also know that my null modem is good because I have been able to download my app into the powerstation with it from my laptop. I am using Machine Shop's Interact Software to design my app. I am tryin to communicate via the Allen Bradley Data Highway Drivers on the Program. I was told to use SLC-5 drivers for the micrologix 1500. I can't seem to get the Powerstation to communicate with the micrologix 1500.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gem1

The only thing that looks out of place is the error checking; MicroLogix controllers default to CRC error checking, not BCC like PLC-5 and ControlLogix.

Check the DF1 driver configuration in RSLinx software and it should indicate to you whether CRC or BCC error checking is being used.

Last edited: