bar code scanner laser sensor

mpiotro

Hi folks,

Does such a thing exist? I have an application where I'd like to place a sensor conveniently close to a label that is to be scanned. (Actually, near 4 labels, as there are 4 components to a product, and the process step is to verify that the 4 components are properly cross-referenced to the panel). Ideally, I'd use the laser from the bar code scanner to tell the controller which of the 4 cards it is scanning.
I had a sensor rep in, and we tried to simulate it with his laser sensors (by covering the emitter and "scanning" the receiver but with no luck.

Am I asking for too much?

Have a great weekend everyone,

Mike

Panic,
Thanks for the link. I looked at the stuff (nice), but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. What I'm looking for is a sensor that would get triggered by being hit by the laser of a typical hand held bar code scanner (probably didn't explain myself well in the original post).

I'm thinking even if it does exist, it ain't gonna be cheap.....

-Mike