Panelview questions

sweety616

I have a panelview 600 on ethernet network. I built the program for it using panelbuilder32 but the tags I created in the program should use addresses from a program currently run on a SLC 5/03 on DH485 network. How do I get around this?

Also on another ethernet panelview 600, I am getting a "check your terminal for compatibility" error while downloading a program. What do I need to check? Is there a manual on the internet somewhere for Panelview 600. I received a link before but it did not work. I would also like a troubleshooting guide

What is the part number of your Panelview. An Ethernet Panelview will be a 2711-T6C20. If this is it, in Panelbuilder 32 go to Application Settings, Terminal Setup. Make sure the type is PV600 and the protocol is Ethernet. Then click Catalog & Revision Numbers and make sure it says 2711-T6C20

As far as the first question, how are you getting from the Ethernet Network to the DH-485 network?

For your first issue, you will need to connect CH. 0 (serial port) of the SLC 5/03 to a 1761-NET-ENI. This is a DF-1 to ethernet/IP interface, which comes with a configuration utility for configuring the NET-ENI's IP addrewss and subnet mask. Then, in PanelBuilder, you enter the IP address for the NET-ENI in the comm setup Node list. Your second problem, I believe TWControls has you on the right path.

In PanelBuilder32, go to Application Settings and open the Terminal Setup tab. Select the type of PanelView from the list on the left and the communication protocol from the list on the right. Then click on the Catalog & Revision numbers button. Select the Cat. No. with the same Firmware rev as what is printed on the label on the rear of your PanelView (i.e. 2711-T6C8 FRN 4.1). Once you have changed this, re-validate and save the application and download it to your terminal.

I did everything you asked me to do. But the problem is when i click the catalog and revision numbers, it is displaying the wrong catalog number and there is no options given to change the catalog number. How do I change the numbers? I tried typing in the field, tried the help button but nothing seems to work. Is there a way I can change what is currently displayed?

Did you select the correct Type and Protocol of the Panelview before selecting the Catalogs and Revisions button? The button only gives you the catalog number for the type and protocol you select

PV600.JPG

What is the part number of your Panelview?

Last edited:
For your first issue, you will need to connect CH. 0 (serial port) of the SLC 5/03 to a 1761-NET-ENI. This is a DF-1 to ethernet/IP interface, which comes with a configuration utility for configuring the NET-ENI's IP addrewss and subnet mask. Then, in PanelBuilder, you enter the IP address for the NET-ENI in the comm setup Node list. Your second problem, I believe TWControls has you on the right path.
#####################################################################

This is how my process is currently working. I have a SLC 5/03 on node 18 of a DH485 network. I also have a SLC 5/05 on node 19 on the same DH485 network. In RSLInx, on this node 19 SLC 5/05, when I click the + button, it shows channel 1 Ethernet.

In RSLinx, under ethernet network, the same SLC 5/05 is present. When I click the + button right next to it, I see Channel 0 DH-485 under which I see 19, SLC 5/05.

I am having a difficulty understanding this set-up. My panelview is borrowing addresses from SLC 5/03 on node 18 of DH485 network. How do I set it up as my panelview is on ethernet. Please help

Are you sure it is not a Dh-485 Panelview. The connectors can look very similar. What is the part number on the back of the Panelview?

Yes. Your image helped. The mistake I made was I selected touch & keypad whereas it actually is only touch. I am able to download. Now I have a new problem. I used a wrong IP address in the ethernet config that is used for some other application on the floor. It showed me an error on the panelview. I came back and changed the IP address. Now the program is not downloading. I am getting error 1056- connection with operator terminal failed. Also in RS Linx I see a red cross on this panelview. Can someone walk me through the steps of how to get the panelview back on ethernet network with the old IP address?

If you have a "GO TO CONFIG SCREEN" button loaded into your app, press it and go to the communications setup. Here you can change the IP address; then cycle power to the PanelView. If you cannot get to the config screen, you will have to remove the PanelView from the network to download the new IP address, since you now have an address conflict on the network.

Or if you don't have a config screen, reboot the Panelview. While it is on the Blue Boot Screen you will see some numbers on it. When it hits 32, i think, you will see a white square in the bottom right hand corner. Repeatively press this button till it goes away. I say this because it can be hard to hit if you have big fingers. This will bring the config screen up and you can change the IP address. Just remember to change it in you Panelbuilder program too

TWControls said:
Or if you don't have a config screen, reboot the Panelview. While it is on the Blue Boot Screen you will see some numbers on it. When it hits 32, i think, you will see a white square in the bottom right hand corner. Repeatively press this button till it goes away. I say this because it can be hard to hit if you have big fingers. This will bring the config screen up and you can change the IP address. Just remember to change it in you Panelbuilder program too

Damn i hate way manufactures bury hidden ways into the config screens..why dont they publish this on page 1 where everyone will see it..Cutler Hammer does the same thing..I found out after hours of messing around..that pushing button ABC+Y at the same time during boot up brings you to the setup screen..Thats not written anywhere in the help files or the documentaion..

Just goes to show..you learn something new each day..I just hope i remember this when the time comes that i need it..