PROFIBUS: device independant

kalabdel

Hello everyone,

How true is PROFIBUS device independence. I have a Beckhoff BK3110 that I will replace with an SMC EX260 and I haven't been able to connect to the OMORON CPU C200HX to look at the code.
Both are PROFIBUS-DP, would removing one and plugging the other work with the existing address mapping?

Thanks

One is an IO block and the other is a valve block
Right?
What are you trying to do exactly?
They are different gsd files. So they can not just be exchanged

Thanks JRW, I replied and I don't see my reply. I was having issues posting images and now I don't see my last post. I will try again.

I would like to replace the Beckhoff in the picture with an SMC 260-SPR8

IMG_20180628_083449(1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks JRW, it's not your phone I think the size of the image was too large and it's *large*.
I figured it was a lot more than in and out replacement and without beiing able to connect to the CPU it will not happen. I have to resolve my connection issues first.

Thanks a lot.