Kep displays

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
Having a rather bad experience with Maple systems, I was looking at similar products. I found this display from kep: MT8103iE. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with easybuild, particularly their alarming and just the software in general. Perhaps even some experience with the company before I decided to go this route for my project.

I have an automation direct Productivity 2000 PLC that I am connecting this to over RS-232. The project is pretty small as far as IO is concerned, but there is a pretty large amount of IO processing going on. The Wifi on the terminal and easyaccess is also a plus.

Hey Sparkie,

That part number is a Weintek, not sure on the exact specs but I am a authorized Weintek dealer and from the looks of that price they are listing im a little over half of that...

https://www.plccable.com/weintek-hmis/

Let me know if you need something special or are you just looking for a 10 inch HMI?

Weintek is the OEM for Maple and KEP, and a couple of others. The products are the same. EasyBuilder will work on all of them. The only difference is the model numbers. I think Maple offers some different libraries.
Please elaborate on your bad experience with Maple. If it was software or hardware, you're going to have the exact same issue with KEP or Weintek.
Weintek / KEP is my first choice for HMI's. Ditto for many others here.

The issue I have with Maple has nothing to do with their hardware. It's more of misinformation, miscommunication regarding product capabilities, and the return process that followed. That being said, they seem to be a good company over all, and I don't want to get on here and bash them. When it comes down to it, we are just a small electrical company, and I'm working to move us into automation as there are no local companies that do controls work. No big loss.

As far as cmore is concerned, I'm looking for remote access and alarming capabilities that cmore just does not provide on its own.

I'm choosing not to utilize advanced hmi for this project, largely for the same reason, and for the price point of a 10" industrial panel PC. Plus, I'm not fond of windows 10 at the moment for a base OS on an hmi.

Genius, I'll send you a PM to discuss further.

Last edited:
https://www.automationdirect.com/productivity/software/pacdata

Do you know about the Apple iOS PACDATA app for the productivity series?
The FREE PAC/PLC Data Remote Monitor App allows the user to connect to remote PLC system from a Wi-Fi, or cellular network connection. The Remote user can monitor the local PLC system and user tags configured for remote access inside the tag database of the controller.

Thought that this might be of interest to you.
Regards,

Well, close, but not same company. Weintek makes HMI's in Taiwan. They marketed them in the USA under different brands. There was four. Maple and KEP are two of them. My first one was from Maple. Over the last ten years or so, I used KEP (Kessler Ellis Products). The difference is support. I never used Maple support, so I can't comment on that. Support from KEP was excellent.
I've used other products from plccable, and had fast email response, and great support. I expect his support of Weintek will also be top notch.