Mitsubishi Q series profinet/modbus to Siemens S7-1200

Tjkeets90

Hi I'm wanting to basically get data from a Siemens S7-1200 PLC and write it in to my D registers on my Q series PLC.

If I went for profinet would I need a profinet card or would my CPU be okay (Q03UDVCPU). I'm struggling to find a card for this so I'm unsure if you can use profinet on Q series???

Has anybody had any experience with Modbus with the S7-1200, if so can you offer guidance on how to set the file up to transfer the data.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Modbus on the 1200 series is surprisingly simple.

I was going to say the exact same thing. The 1200 supports modbus TCP natively, or Modbus RTU via a serial card card. Either way, there are built in instructions for them, and decent examples.