Real value change detection

tidwellc87

I'm working on a function block program in Unity Pro and I'm trying to detect when a real changes in value. Basically, want to make a bit true if the real changes in any direction by any value. Any ideas on how to do this?

Store the existing value on a scan, do a compare on the next scan and raise a bit if it is different for some period of time?

Some more code around how often you store the value for compare, etc.

Where is the source of this REAL value coming from ?

If it is an analog input, they invariable change all the time, due to noise pickup, sensor drift, etc.

You will need to specify to the function block a value that is used to "filter" the changes, in other words, specify the minimum change before you flag it as a valid change.