Mitsubishi M500 CNC Ladder Help!

cncsvctech

Hello, I am new to this forum, so bear with me please.

I have been working on a customer's machine that has become a complete disaster. It has a Mitsubishi MELDAS M520MH on it that was installed by a retrofitter in 1997. The retrofitter has since been bought out, and a digital copy of the ladder is not available. I HAVE the paper copy, and need to get it back into the machine.

Its a long story how its not in the machine anymore, but the memory cassettes on the QX141 card were incorrect (so Mits says). The card in the left slot is a QX815 and the one in the right is a MC842. (I have a QX812, but not installed yet).

Im told that all of the alarms all of the other service guys have been chasing on this machine for YEARS (has not run in years), most likely stem from a corrupt ladder. And now, this ladder is gone...completely.

Im told that i can manually input it by Mits. HOW THE HECK DO I ACCOMPLISH THAT!!?? lol. Is there any way to type this thing up on a PC and upload it???

I have exhausted most of the common, and uncommon resources that i have. I am really hoping that someone here can help. I am also posting to another PLC site under the same user name.

Thanks in advance for anyone's input. It is HUGELY appreciated.

Christian Weiss

Thanks for the links.

MEAU has not been that helpful in designating which package i can use to program the PLC on the M500. If and when I determine this 100%, I need to figure out how to do it. I would rather send the paper ladder to someone that has GX Developer or one of the others that will work, and arrange for them to type it up.

Christian

Hi Christian,
you will need to pieces of software, COMU for downloading/uploading the ladder and M5PLCWIN for editing the ladder/message program.
COMU will run on XP but requires a change to the CONFIG.NT file. took me quite a while to get this information as Mitsubishi couldn't help.
I developed a complete help pack including the software for a custommer, its about 40mb. contact me if you want it.

M5plcwin

I sent you a message regarding this. Thanks!

Dear all,

I'm also facing same issue regarding PLC lost due to SRAM PCB fault on M530 Mitsubishi CNC.

Do you still have some info or package that henry5674 provided you?

All doc are welcome regarding M5PLCWIN

Thanks a lot in advance

With Best Regards

Hello. I apologize, I am just seeing this now. I would have to dig back and see what I have still. I DO HAVE the laptop that I used for this job and I BELIEVE that I still have all of the files and information on that laptop. I would have to dig it out and hope that it boots. ...it has been a while.

And just a quick update- I was successful in re writing the ladder, uploading it, and booting the machine. HOWEVER, it was not 100% correct- the actual tool changer portion was missing altogether. I was in the middle of writing and troubleshooting that portion of the ladder when the parent company I was doing the job for went bankrupt and closed the doors. I was never able to complete it 100%.

re writing the ladder

And just a quick update- I was successful in re writing the ladder, uploading it, and booting the machine. HOWEVER, it was not 100% correct- the actual tool changer portion was missing altogether. I was in the middle of writing and troubleshooting that portion of the ladder when the parent company I was doing the job for went bankrupt and closed the doors. I was never able to complete it 100%.

Hello
which software did you use? I'm facing same problem
sting