AB DH+ connector source

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Folks,

I have obtained a couple or used/refurbed Allen-Bradley DH+ components. However the three terminal DH+ connectors are missing. Local AB rep quotes $9.95 each for the connectors. Does anyone have an alternate source.

thanks,

Ken

Check with one of your reps that sells Phoenix contacts, or one of the other terminal companies. To get one I would say it should be no more than $.50. Then again how much is your time worth?

I couldn't believe $9.95 each either, so I called one of my buddies at Rockwell. He says list price is $11.00 ! We agree that's sort of a "nuisance price" that RA puts on little piece parts to discourage you from throwing them away with the packaging.

The Phoenix part number is MSTB 2.5/3-ST-5.08

MSTB 2.5 is a general category, 3 is the number of pins, ST is Screw Terminal, and 5.08 mm pin spacing.

You should be able to get them for a couple of bucks each from the mail order houses:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/618/862.pdf

Eddie Willers said:
We agree that's sort of a "nuisance price" that RA puts on little piece parts to discourage you from throwing them away with the packaging.

Funny, I think the connector has "Phoenix" written right on it.

What do you suppose the 110 ohm resistors go for? You'd better not lose one of them.