Controls Spectrum InView/Display

codedRed

Currently I'm programming a Controls Spectrum InView P42C-SC using a ControlLogix. The display has an ethernet communications module attached to it that scans the PLC and looks at certain INT tags. iv_message_num and iv_Message_trig. When iv_Message_Trig changes, the inView looks at iv_message_num and the int within this tag corresponds the message that is to be triggered in the display. And vice versa with iv_messagedel_num and iv_messagedel_trig, these tags remove a message from the que. Problem I am having is that the ethernet communications module does not update quick enough to catch all states of the tags (all integers that are being written to the tag) resulting in lost messages. I have several messages that update at the same time, but I want to display them all. Is there a RsLogix instruction that would help me in creating a queue so that I could handle the queue within the PLC itself

https://www.spectrumcontrols.com/media/2291/easy_tags_tutorial.pdf

If you're using Easy tags, which I recommend doing, you don't need to delete the current message displayed before displaying the next one. Simply update the priority message number and change the priority message trigger. If all you are doing it changing between priority messages they Comms module should be able to scan fast enough to catch any changes.