Is there a way to message between a Micro820 with a MicroLogix 1400?

Is there a reason to use the 820 to message as opposed to the micrologix1400

+1

Generally when you have two controllers of different tiers/ages/etc. it's easier to do messaging with the more advanced or capable of the two. The one scenario I've had where this wasn't possible was a case where we were messaging with a pre-existing system to which we did not have programming access. Short of this however, I try to avoid messaging with Micro800s if possible.

Similar Topics

Can anyone screen shot an example message block In a Control Logix PLC to communicate to a Micrologix 1400. I tried this the other day and ended...
Replies
Views
Hi ... Everyone* I have this warning Cicode message : " possible missing operand between tags" when compile below code 👇...
Replies
Views
Hi, right now I have a real PLC on which i'm connected by ethernet right now, and i'd like to simulate a second PLC with RSEmulate and make...
Replies
Views
A bit new to setting up messaging instructions but I copied another in the program. Seem to have everything set up but still comes up as a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I am doing some testing about the message between SCL5/05 and CLX (all are 255.255.255.0), when IP for CLX is 10.1.1.1, IP for SLC is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom