5069-if8 blunders

kirk

Lifetime Supporting Member
AB compact logix
The layout is:
5069-l320er — 5069-IF8— 5069-IF8— 5069-OF8 — 5069-IA16 — 5069-OA16

The processor is 24vdc
There is SA power and mod power on the plc

I had someone hook up AC power to the SA power terminals (thinking of the ac input & ac output card)

Powered it up and POP.

I’m not getting any faults on the processor display
My card lights are solid green
My indicator in Studio 5000 show RUN (green) OK (green)I/O (green)

If I look at the card it doesn’t really show a fault

If I look at the CHANNEL on the card it says
FAULT EXISTS: YES
FIELD POEWER: NOT PRESENT

Rockwell says that if I applied 120 V to that as a power that the cards are fried.

ARE THESE CARDS garbage?

Is there any repairs to fix this blunder? Something to solder? Anything?

Allen Bradley shows none in stock until February
3rd party/ EBay stuff is way more than factory pricing, and seems risky.

ANY ADVICE is appreciated

Most likely they're dead. If you had a spare CPU, you could try the cards in a new racking.

I've never had much luck with 120v on 24v things, though some of the Finder relays lasted surprisingly long.

Send them to Radwell etc for repair. The cost will be 50% of the list price for a new card.

I wanted to circle back to this and say THANKS.

I sent them to Radwell based on your post and I am up and running.

I appreciate the recommendation.