rslinx and communicating to enbt static or standalone

remullis

I have network connections through to most processors in our facility. I am wanting to setup a control logix rack for testing and I am trying to get it online.

I have a new enbt module and used bootp to create a ip address. bootp pushed the ip to the enbt with no problem, but I cant get it to go online through linx.

I am thinking I need to assign a gateway, but I cant connect to do this. Also, when I look at what is already established in linx, in configuration it has IP's assigned by node #. In RSwho, in the tree it will show this IP and another IP in brackets. This is where I think I am missing the boat. How would I be able to communicate with this processor standalone through a cat 5 cable and avoid the main network?

Thanks in Advance.

Can you ping the IP address assigned to the ENBT module from the PC running RS-Linx? If not, then check the network setup to make sure it can connect to that subnet. If so, then troubleshooting within RS-Linx.

I cant ping the IP, but that's what I don't see is how to setup the subnet. Rslogix,bootp nor linx gives me that option. If it does, I'm not seeing where.

thanks
rem

The Ping utility is typically available from the windows command prompt (type "command" without quotes into windows search, then "ping" w/o quotes into the command prompt window.

However, the RS-Linx window implies your PC can see other devices in the 10.178.196 subnet. It would be worth expanding into one of those ENBT modules to make sure it is reachable.

Maybe there is a physical connection problem (cable, switch, port, etc.); though a successful bootp would seem to rule this out.